Week 65: 15 Months!

1:00 PM

Hello!


This week I will hit 15 months on my mission and have my 21st birthday...I feel so old...

Anyways, on to more exciting things! This past week was fantastic! I was able to go on 2 exchanges. The first exchange was in my beloved Gatineau with Sister Goaslind. It was so wonderful! We were able to go and do some service for Kathy who is still doing amazing. As well, we were able to go and do some passby's and one of the people we ended up seeing was a former investigator from when I was with Sister Paine! Her name is Suze and she was the one who came with her family to our Christmas party. A lot of personal things had come up which hindered us being able to meet with her. However, she was so excited that we showed up and the sisters were able to get a return appointment with her. I am so proud of all the wonderful work the Gatineau Sisters are doing, they have been really able to find some solid investigators and help bring them to church!

The 2nd exchange of the week was with Sister Prince! It is always so nice to go on exchanges with people from my MTC district. It really feels like being reunited with family, I love it. We were able to stay and work in the Dow's Lake area which was great. We had a lesson at one of the University's but gave ourselves plenty of time for contacting beforehand. The first person we contacted was actually super rude. It was weird, since there are few times when I have had people be flat out rude to me on my mission. This didn't discourage us too badly though because a few people later we ended up finding Parneed! We have been having a lot of luck with Indian's lately. Anyways, we sat down with her and she allowed us to teach her the whole restoration. She thought it was super fascinating and can't wait to start reading the book of Mormon!

As for our investigators, Cassie and Brad are doing really really well. Originally, Cassie was set to be baptized on May 5th. However, due to scheduling conflict, we had to move the date to the 6th. Yesterday we were able to meet with her to plan everything and she is so excited and so ready! Cassie has been attending church and meeting with missionaries for a year now, and she can't wait to take the next step.

Brad is also doing really well. He is working super hard to keep the commandments. In fact, I felt like such a proud mom the other day because he gave us his pack of cigarettes and his lighter so that we could get rid of them for him. As well, he got offered a beer and said no! In addition, there was somebody that was using a ton of profanity behind our lesson the other day and Brad mentioned how he wanted to ask them to stop since they were offending him. I just love Brad, he has changed so much in such a short amount of time! We're hoping he will be able to get baptized sometime in the near future.

Other than that, we will be receiving transfer calls this week. I should probably be more nervous than I am, seeing as I know that I will be getting a new companion. However, I feel completely at peace that Heavenly Father knows what will be the best way for me to end my mission! 

Have a fantastic week!

 almost forgot!

Scripture of the week:
Mosiah 3:4
 
For the Lord hath heard thy prayers, and hath judged of thy righteousness, and hath sent me to declare unto thee that thou mayest rejoice; and that thou mayest declare unto thy people, that they may also be filled with joy.

Quote of the week:

"My brotha! Oh, you know him too? Now he's my brotha in the Lord."

Love,

Sister Garcia 


4. 
5. Sister Prince and Sister Jeon! Sister Jeon is from Korea and apparently making tiny hearts with your hands is super popular
Beautiful Cassie

Sister Goaslind

Sister Prince and Sister Jeon! Sister Jeon is from Korea and apparently making tiny hearts with your hands is super popular

When the senior couple loves you enough to buy peanut butter and bananas

Institute crew

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe