Week 66: Brad and Cassie's Baptism!

12:00 PM



Hello all!

I wish I was lying when I said it's snowing right now. But I'm not lying, and it is snowing, in May!!
This past weekend we received transfer calls! I will be staying in Dow's Lake and receiving Sister Barbaroux from France! This will make for my 6th transfer as an STL and I am so excited to be able to continue to serve in this assignment! 

BIG NEWS: BRAD AND CASSIE WERE BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!

It was probably the most stressful day of my whole entire mission. I don't know why, but everything was just not working out... at all. There was just too much drama and I was just so tired and wanted everything to be perfect and wonderful and it wasn't. However, because Heavenly Father is amazing, it all worked out in the end. 

They were both very different situations because Cassie has been investigating the church for a year. She has attended church pretty much every week since, and even invites her friends to attend with her. She has been faithfully living the gospel for a long time now, but had to wait to be baptized for family reasons. However, at her baptism she was beaming, you could tell she was filled with joy because of the decision she had made to follow the Savior. As well, her parents attended and gave her so much loving support, which made Cassie even happier, it was great.

Brad has only been taught for the past 6 weeks. When we met Brad he was not the same person he is today. He has done a complete 180 and turned his life around. He has come so far, and it was amazing that the rapid change he made and the testimony he gained were all a direct result of a love for Heavenly Father. Brad quickly gained a testimony of the gospel and was committed from the beginning. We were worried that maybe Brad wouldn't be ready to be baptized on Saturday and we had intended to change the date. However, in our lesson with him, the spirit was so strong and told us we had to keep his date, so we did. Brad was so happy at his baptism, he truly loves the gospel!

I feel so incredibly blessed and privileged that Heavenly Father has allowed me to meet and work with the both of them, and play a small small role in helping them come unto Christ. On that day I really felt just a part of the love that Heavenly Father has for his children, it was amazing.

Besides that, this week was just wonderful overall. I am so grateful to be here! Missions are wonderful! The gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing! 

I am so grateful for all of you! I hope you have an amazing week!

Love,

Sister Garcia 

Scripture of the week:

Mosiah 18:21

"And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they  should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit  together in unity and in love one towards another."

Quote of the week:

"You guys are brainwashin' me!"


Brad and Cassie at their baptism!

It has been raining non-stop and there was terrible flooding in Gatineau.

We were able to spend a couple hours volunteering and helping fill sandbags.













Bday/Farewell cake

Birthday! 
Birthday! 
#Dreamteam ft. Stephen our ward mission leader

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe