Week 51:

1:29 PM

Hello all!


This past week was actually really wonderful! I am late to e-mail because Sister Paine and I were able to go and get in a tour at Parliament! Ottawa is awesome because the government is here and everything has European influence and it's just beautiful. It was great!

So I know I am terrible at updating you on how our investigators are doing because we find new ones all the time, and I just get so excited that I forget to mention the old ones! So here is what is happening to our most progressing of investigators.

Hydriss: He still has a baptismal date for February 4th but we will most likely have to push that back unless he starts coming to church real quick. Our 2nd lesson with him went super well! We taught the plan of salvation and he expressed his desire to get married and have an eternal family, it was really sweet. He is also reading, and prays every night. He promised us he'd come to church next week.

Julie: We lost contact with her for a while because she is experiencing some familial difficulties. We did pass by this past week and see her though! Her and Amélie still love us and want to come to our church. It can be hard to get a focused lesson just because Amélie is little and requires a lot of attention. However, we knew we had to share a spiritual thought to help Julie remember and it worked. The spirit was there, and she has a desire to keep progressing in the gospel.

Beverly: Currently progressing at the rate of a turtle. She reads, but still has a hard time praying. She is young and new to Canada so she is looking for friends. I'm grateful that she trusts us and likes us, but she is nervous to come to church. We tried getting her to a young women's activity but she backed out because we couldn't drive her. It has been super effective for us to bring some of the young women teaching with us though, so we will keep trying.

We have an investigator named Irene that I just love. She was taught a while back and went to church for a whole year! Every.single.sunday. But her boyfriend/husband (not too sure) is in Morrocco and she wants to be united with him in this decision. However, she has no idea when he will be coming, it has been years at this point. It is super sad because she has a firm understanding of the gospel. She knows the church is true, and every lesson is incredibly powerful. Sister Paine and I had the prompting to go through the baptismal interview questions with her yesterday and wow it was amazing. She wants to be baptized, but she can't get past the idea of doing it without him. We suggested that maybe we could skype him into our lessons and she said she would talk to him because she has thought about baptism every day. Please pray for her!

I don't have much time, so thats where I will have to leave it for the week.

Love you!

Sister Garcia

Scripture of the week:

John 16:33

 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Quote of the week: 

"Oh no! I wrote on my FB that I wanted to find Drake and convert him and I forgot to delete it before I came on my mission."


Temple
Chocolate favoris
 Ice skating the canal

Sister Agapinan! My trainer
Parliament Library

Parliament Library

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe