Week 41: Elder Bennett

9:30 AM

Hello!


I don't really have words to describe how amazing this past week. Elder Bennett of the 70 came and visited and I was able to spend 2 full days with him, his wonderful wife, and president and sister Phillips. It was so spiritually uplifting and more than I could have expected. Because I have like 8,000 thoughts going through my mind right now, I will just leave you with some highlights from this past zone conference and MLC.

"This work is not of man, it is of God. He loves you, He knows you, He chose you, and assigned you"

"The fact that you are trying is success"

"You were reserved because of your strength, and because of what you could become. You were spectaculor and wonderful. You were strong and you have within you the seeds of divinity. He can help us overcome anything and everything."

"Every righteous effort we make, the Lord will bless us in His time. We have to be okay with it. Every time He asks us to do something hard or difficult, He asks us to be blessed."

"Always follow the spirit, even if it doesn't make sense"

"Conversion does not occur through passive reception"

"We must waste and wear out our lives, cheerfully"

Elder and Sister Bennett were the mission presidents in the Russia, Samara mission. When they got there their mission was the lowest baptizing mission in the world. Over time they were able to impliment some changes that not only changed their mission, but it changed their missionaries. He understands how to change the culture in a mission, and how to truly help them be successful. Our mission isn't a bad one. We have a lot of really hard working missionaries, who strive to be obedient. We all want to see our mission improve, but over the years the work has been declining. A lot of us have seen some dry spells that have caused our motivation to decrease. Elder Bennett came in and helped us realize our potential. They don't send mediocre missionaries here, they send exceptional ones. We need to have the desire to go out, get to work, and make miracles happen. 

One thing that I really took away from all of this was a sense of Urgency. How eager am I to do the Lords work? How eager am I to find scattered Israel? How eager am I to help change someones life for the better? After this past week, I have so much more desire to get out and get to work, I feel all the missionaries do.

The MLC was really special. We got to drive up with 9 missionaries from our zone and stay at the mission home for the night. After we all finished the meeting and had lunch, we had a couple hours before our bus came. We knew there was no way we could just sit around and wait at the mission office while there were literally millions of people around us who didn't know about the gospel. We all decided to grab our bags, head to the metro, and just start contacting. I was able to contact several different people, one in particular spoke spanish and was meeting with missionaries in the DR. I was able to relay her info to the only phone number I knew in Montreal (Zarahemla) and it was so cool! When we got to the station, the whole bus had been contacted, and we all sat with someone different. I chose a girl who had headphones in, and I almost kicked myself for it at first. But I just forced myself to talk to her and we ended up talking the whole ride and exchanged info, it was so cool.

The next day was amazing. We didn't have very much set up at all, but Heavenly Father just provided miracle after miracle. We ended up finding 2 new investigators, teaching 4 lessons, and setting someone on date for baptism. The mission is the best! We literally just do what Heavenly Father asks, and he gives us blessings. It's that simple.

Love,

Sœur Garcia

Scripture of the week:

Alma 26:37
 
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving ; yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

Quote of the week:

"Why did you decide to do your research project on our religion?"
"I was late so I got last pick"


Exchanges with sister Dampt

S. Paine, Me, S. Barton, and S. Ortega
Zone Conference with the Bennetts 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe