Week 22: 5 Months, Canada Day, and 4th of July!

7:59 PM

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! #MERICA


I love the USA, and I am actually so incredibly sad that I can not be there to celebrate this glorious holiday. Nothing like sunburns, parades, barbecues, and fireworks to show some good old american pride. Unfortunately, the Canadian's will not be doing anything to celebrate…but, no worries, sister J and I got a hold of an American flag!

This past week we actually had Canada day! I was expecting it to be just like the 4th of July except instead of red, white, and blue, it would be red and white. Well…maybe in the rest of Canada, but not here in Quebec! There was no BBQs, no parades, no fireworks, just sadness. Apparently if you want a big celebration you have to go to Ottawa. Maybe next year!

This week was pretty good! We were able to go to the temple, which can never be beat. However, this time I went in French instead of English, and it was awesome! If you speak another language, definitely take advantage. It was just really cool because I understood so much, and even the parts I didn't understand, I could still feel the spirit as strong as ever. Really amazing how that works out!

Sister Johnson and I have decided we need to work on humility. And amazingly enough, Heavenly Father gave us a very humbling experience. On Saturday, we made an amazing schedule. We had a set plan, confirmed every single appointment, and studied for our investigators. Well, Saturday, everyone cancelled. EVERYONE. We had 5 appointments call and cancel. And one of the appointments called 5 minutes before saying he had to pick his son up at the amusement park last minute. We had every reason to be frustrated, but instead we just laughed it off, and moved on. Sometimes things don't always go according to plan, but that's okay! It doesn't mean that we are bad missionaries or that we're being punished.

I know that in life there will be so many instances when we feel that we are being unfairly punished. We think that we are living our lives exactly how we are supposed to, yet we don't get the blessings we think we deserve. Well, we must remember that this life is not meant to be perfect or easy. We are all given trials that help shape us. We are here to learn and to grow and to progress into the people that Heavenly Father knows we can become. I am so grateful to know that I have a purpose in this life, and I am thankful that my mission is helping me to fulfill it!

I love you all!

-Sister Ivonne Garcia

Scripture of the week:

Alma 13:27-29

Quote of the week:

"We became friends when the missionaries brought her to convince me to join your church"




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe