Week 24: Leaving Lemoyne

8:06 PM

¡Hola Hola!


Saturday night we received our transfer calls and I got the most shocking news ever. I figured I would be staying in Lemoyne with sister J preaching the gospel, hasting the work. However, Heavenly Father had different plans for me! I will be…flush training in Zarahemla! Which happens to be a Spanish ward in Montreal! So what that basically means is I will be opening up the area, with a new missionary, in Spanish! Talk about an incredibly humbling experience… and just when I was getting super comfortable in French! However, in all honestly, I am very excited to be trusted with all of this responsibility, and know that Heavenly Father would not call me to do this work if I wasn't capable.

This past week in Lemoyne was truly the best! One day we got a phone called from a man named Dieudonne and he told us he had met with missionaries in Toronto and was hoping to get back in contact with the church. So we had the awesome opportunity to teach him a lesson! It went really well, he has a ton of questions about the church but is genuinely interested in learning more! He even came to church on Sunday which was a huge bonus.

We had another investigator come to church, her name is Danitza! She has a son and is currently church searching. She is the best! She wants to decide on a religion for herself and not just one that her mom has told her to go to. She has a strong desire to raise her son in a good religion. And at the end of our lesson she even said, I won't make a decision until I read your book, a chapter a day! So we were like, "yes! please read the book"

This past week we got to go to the baptism of a 97 year old man! His name is Vern and sister J taught him while she served in St. Jean. It was probably the oldest baptism anyone has ever been too. It required 2 missionaries to help get him under and lift him back up out of the water. It was really amazing, once in a lifetime experience for sure!

This Sunday was pretty hard for me. I had to say goodbye to Lemoyne which has been my home since the beginning. I have such a great love for the people here and for all that they have done for me. I truly believe Lemoyne helped shape me into a better missionary. I really learned how to demonstrate Christlike love for others here. These people and this place will forever hold a special place in my heart. 

With all my love,

Hermana Garcia

Scripture of the week:

Ether 12:27 (Might have used it before but it is so applicable currently)

Quote of the week:

"They made fingers before they made forks, so don't be shy"






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe