Week 28

12:36 PM

Hola! 

Wow wow wow. This week was so amazing, I don't even know where to begin! Remember how last week was all terrible? Well this week made up for it, and then some. 

First off, we have 5 new investigators. That is right, you are reading this correctly, 5! And 3 of them are from the same family, we are finally teaching a family! I couldn't be happier about the current situation. They are from El Salvador and have been here for a while actually. They were brought to Church by a less active family that has made the decision to reactivate themselves. Everything really just fell into place with them from day 1. We were really bummed because we didn't have the opportunity to snag the mom after Church and set up an appointment. However, we had an appointment with the less active family and we showed up and they were all there! We talked for over an hour about the gospel and the husband said he wants to continue to teach them, and that they will start coming to our Church. He also said he wants us to be good role models for his 8 year old daughter. We have family home evening with them tonight, and I am so excited! 

The other 2 were found during my exchange with Hermana Guzman this past week. Their names are Shahid and Eric. Shahid's father is actually a member in Florida, and Shahid remembers going to primary. Although, he was never baptized. He knows every religious text front to back and is a Genius. He believes that if any religion is right, it's either the mormons or the Jehova's Witnesses. Wish us luck with that one! Eric is Shahid's best friend and just has a super genuine interest in Learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Eric called us on Saturday to find out when Church was, and they both showed up the next day! 

Bishop sent me a text Thursday night at 11 and asked me to give a talk on Sunday about patriarchal blessings. Thankfully for me, I have been studying my blessing like crazy this past week. The talk went well despite the lack of time I had to actually write it. And, as a result, I was able to see how truly inspired patriarchal blessings are. Each blessing is individually tailored with guidance and blessings. For any of you that have your blessing, I invite you to read it, to ponder it, to love it, and to follow it. 

We had zone conference this past week which was just spiritual rejuvenation. Every training we had was so inspired, and really helped confirmed my testimony that missionary work is divine. One thing we really focused on was helping our investigators to understand and apply the atonement in their lives. I love the atonement with my whole heart. I know that as soon as they understand it, and apply it, they will have the desire to make a change in their lives. And isn't this what the gospel is all about? Changing ourselves, and becoming better every day, in every way, until we are the people our Heavenly Father knows we can become?

I love you all! 

-Hermana Garcia

Scripture of the week:

2 Nephi 4:20-21

Quote of the week:

"I love christians, I might even marry a mormon one day, who knows! She probably wouldn't want to marry me 
though..."


Gelato

I got to meet the sister of someone from my homeward in Utah, Small world!

"Ton caca de chien,ce n'est pas rien." = "Your dog poop isn't nothing" I saw this in the metro and thought it was so funny 

Exchanges with hermana Guzman! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe