Week 19: New Transfer

10:00 AM

Allô!


I have a new companion! It's a new transfer! It feels way weird to know that I am officially done with training and that I am no longer a "greenie" also, I am the oldest missionary in Lemoyne, so heck yeah, seniority. The only problem with being the oldest is everyone expects me to know everything and I'm like…yeah…no…

My new companion is awesome! Her name is sister Johnson, and she's from Colorado. She's super cute, and fun, and speaks good french. We get along really well, which is awesome. Everyone was like, "I am so happy you two are together, you'll be great companions!" What a compliment. Plus, they think we're cute, so that's fun. Flirt to convert am I right? (Jk, mom)

Sister Johnson cam from the great north of Chicoutimi! It's about 5 hours away, and is a legit farmville. They have an itty bitty branch and so this will be quite the transition. However, it doesn't mean that there isn't a ton of work to get done here in Lemoyne. She was sick the first couple of days which meant being quarantined in grandma's basement. That was a make or break situation. We could either bond and become friends, or we could realize that we can't stand each other and it would be a long 6 weeks. Thankfully she's awesome, and we bonded. 

Because we were trapped for a few days, I don't have too many stories to share. But we did pass by this less active kid hoping that we could convince him how great church is! Well we show up and he's got these nice gages and a shirt with a pot leaf on it and homie doesn't look like he's all there. But don't judge a book by it's cover right? So we try talking to him, seeing if he's interested in the gospel at all. And he just goes, "I'm not into that anymore" and we were like…oh…okay…well you can call us anytime can we leave you our number? and he says, "No, I'm good" HARD DISS. Oh well, you laugh and move on. We'll go back, he doesn't know it yet, but he needs the gospel, as does everyone! 

I miss and love you all! I hope you are having a fantastic summer! 

-Sœur Garcia 

P.S. Happy Birthday to my cute nephew Jonas! How are you already 5? Stop growing.

Scripture of the week:

D&C 6:29-30 (This super helped me realize that it's not about the numbers, it's about the people)

Quote of the week:

"Then my roommate said she was going to buy a fish to replace me, I am better than a fish!"
Lemoyne missionaries before Elder Perry went home and Sister A got transferred!

New companionships! (Sister Prince, Sister A, Me, Sister Johnson)

Me and sister Johnson! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe